WHO WE ARE
TC Autos Ltd and TCAutostore Ltd are both privately owned car dealerships with a trading address of 52 Killyclogher Road, Omagh, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. BT79 7LP.
Definitions and Interpretations
"Personal information" / "Personal data" means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us directly. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"); and
"We" / "Us" / "Our" means TC Autos Ltd and TCAutostore Ltd, both limited companies registered in Northern Ireland under company numbers NI21304 and NI 643893 respectively. Our registered address: 52 Killyclogher Road, Omagh, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. BT79 7LP.
Your Privacy Summary ...
As part of your dealings with TC Autos Ltd and TCAutostore Ltd we will collect and otherwise process personal information about you in order to supply vehicles, goods and services to you and to administer our relationship with you. We respect and value the privacy of everyone and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law. This may involve sharing your personal information with third parties (eg: Finance Houses if you decide to take our finance).
Our Privacy Promise
- We will keep your data safe and secure at all times
- We will never share your personal details with third parties outside of the course of normal business dealings.
- We will make it easy for you to manage and review your personal data with us
Who is responsible for your personal information?
What information do we collect?
In particular, we may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms, including those on our Website.
- A copy of your driving licence when you test drive a vehicle or are provided with a courtesy car.
- When you enquire about or purchase a vehicle or services we collect personal information to respond to your enquiry and to process and complete your purchase.
- Details about the transactions you carry out with us including vehicle support services, vehicle purchases and purchases of other goods.
- CCTV footage in which you feature when you visit our premises.
- Information contained in and records of communications between us, including e-mails, telephone calls, letters and text messages.
- Details of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data (including the country and telephone area code where your computer is located) and the resources that you access (including the pages of our Website that you view).
- Any permissions, consents or preferences that you give us in respect of how we contact you
We will collect information concerning your marketing preferences.
We also collect information to enable third parties to carry out credit reference checks on you (if you are purchasing a vehicle on finance) and we will receive and process information about the outcome of those checks in order to complete your purchase.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information in connection with our business activities. In particular, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To respond to queries from you regarding the possible purchase of goods or services.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us including purchase of vehicles and provision of services, and to respond to queries from you regarding those contracts.
- To manage and administer the relationships between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our services and to otherwise communicate with you; for example, we will use your contact details in order to respond to any queries that you submit to us; and to obtain feedback from you regarding us; and to provide you with reminders regarding your vehicle including, for example, when your vehicle is due to have a service or MOT undertaken.
- In accordance with your preferences, we may also use your personal information to provide you with information about vehicles, services, promotions and offers that may be of interest to you. We may use your personal information in order to ascertain the vehicles, services, promotions and offers that are likely to be of particular interest to you. Please note that, even if you choose not to receive this information, we may still use your personal information to provide you with important services communications, including communications in relation to any purchases you make or vehicle support services.
- Your personal information may also be used by us and disclosed to third parties, in order to comply with any legal or contractual obligation
Where will this data be stored, and for how long?
We retain your details for as long as we have evidence that you still own the vehicle we sold to you, or worked or, unless you ask us to delete these details in advance of this. We also retain details of prospective customers who have enquired about purchases, as long as we are still aware that they are in the market for that purchase. Your data will be stored on our cloud based administration systems under encrypted lock and key. We may also store your data in hard copy format in a locked facility.
We take great measures to ensure that we have advanced security policies in place to manage and record your data correctly and that your data is stored securely. The security of our customer data is paramount.
With whom do we share your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with our business activities, including in the following circumstances:
- We may pass personal information to external agencies and organisations (including the police and other law enforcement agencies) for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud (including fraudulent transactions) and criminal activity. We may also disclose personal information to the police and other law enforcement agencies in connection with the prevention and detection of crime.
- In cases of driving and parking offences involving vehicles incorrectly attributed to TC Autos or associated businesses, we may pass personal information on to relevant bodies as and when requested.
- We may pass your personal information to a third party finance company for the purposes of them providing you with finance. Those organisations may carry out credit checks and may disclose your data to credit reference agencies for that purpose.
- We may pass your personal information to the relevant franchise manufacturer partner relating to your vehicle. They may contact you directly regarding your vehicle and to obtain feedback and/or to provide offers.
- We may pass your personal information to third party organisations that provide services to us (including assisting us with carrying out marketing activities)
- If you purchase a used vehicle from us, we may pass your personal information onto our warranty and roadside assistance partners
- We will pass your personal information to third party providers of insurance products that we offer, if you take up the option of purchasing one of those products
A list of partners we may share your data with for normal business purposes are:
- CDK Global (Our DMI Systems partner, CDK stores, secures and manages all of our business and customer data)
- Renault UK (TC Autos Franchise Partner)
- Dacia UK (TC Autos Franchise Partner)
- Kia Motors Ltd (TC Autos Franchise Partner)
- DVLA (Government body that we use to register and tax your vehicle)
- FINANCE: ALD Automotive (CL Number 10018)
- FINANCE: Black Horse Limited (CL Number 6886)
- FINANCE: Evolution (CL Number 669005)
- FINANCE: Hyundai Capital UK Limited (CL Number 649365)
- FINANCE: RCI Financial Services Limited (CL Number 427850)
- IHS Markit (Send out customer service, MOT and cambelt reminders on behalf of TC Autos)
- Judge Services (carries out customer satisfaction surveys on behalf of TC Autos Ltd)
- Motability (registered Charity that provides motability vehicles to those that qualify)
- Bolton Lock Company (make and configure replacement keys for customer vehicles)
- ITC (TC Autos use for FSA Compliance management)
- Car Care Plan Ltd (TC Autos use for Autotrust GAP)
The General Data Protection Legislation gives you the right to access your personal information. To request access to your personal information, please contact us using the details below. As we take the issue of protecting your personal data seriously, we follow strict storage and disclosure procedures which means that we may occasionally require proof of identity from you prior to disclosing such information.
If you think the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incorrect, you can request that we correct this information (including your marketing preferences) by writing to us using the details below.
Where we rely on your consent as the legal basis for processing your personal information, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the details below.
You have the right to request that we delete your personal data and unless there is a reason that the law allows us to use your personal information for longer, we will make reasonable efforts to comply with your request.
In summary, as a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data We hold about you;
- The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data in accordance with this policy if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact Us using the details in below);
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability
- The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
How to Contact Us
Please contact us if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you:
By email: gdp.officer [at] tcautos [.co.uk]
Or write to us at: General Data Protection Officer, TC Autos Ltd., 52 Killyclogher Road, Omagh, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland, BT79 7LP
When you visit our site, we will put "cookies" onto your computer. Cookies are just a small ‘text file’ that is placed on to your computer by our website as you visit us.
A cookie does not allow us to identify you. They are widely used across all websites in order to help make websites work, or work more efficiently by "remembering" your choices, which we can use the next time you visit us. Cookies help us to help you.
- Aggregated Site Usage Statistics - Cookies may be placed on your computer, phone or other Internet device to provide us with aggregated data of the usage of this site and the mediums which are driving traffic to the site. The data gathered by these is aggregated and therefore your individual usage of this site cannot be attributed to you.
- Essential Site Features - Cookies may be placed upon your computer, phone or other Internet device in order to provide essential site features such as allowing you to compare different cars in stock and complete enquiry forms quickly.
As you may be aware, no data transmission over the Internet can be entirely secure. As a result, while we will always use reasonable endeavours to protect the personal information you provide to us, we cannot guarantee the security of your information and the use of our facilities (e.g. e-mail) is at your own risk.
Changes to this policy
We pride ourselves on keeping up to the minute in terms of the advances in technology and legal developments. As these areas are changing at an ever increasing rate, we request that you refer to our web site on a regular basis in order to ensure that you are aware of our most recent Policies and Terms and Conditions.
Website Terms and Conditions
TC Autos has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this site. Whilst every effort is made to produce up to date products and specifications, this site should not be regarded as an infallible guide to our vehicles products and services, nor does it constitute an offer for the sale of any particular vehicle.
All rights, including copyright and database right, in the website and its contents, are owned by or licensed to TC Autos Ltd and/or TCAutostore Ltd, or otherwise used byTC Autos Ltd and/or TCAutostore Ltd as permitted by applicable law or the copyright holder. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast or transmit any text, images, graphic, logo, button, icon, image and their selection and arrangement thereof, and any underlying source code and software, for any commercial or public purpose without prior written permission from TC Autos or the copyright holder.
You may not adapt, alter or create any of the material or information in this site or use it for any other purpose other than for your personal non-commercial use. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes.
TC Autos reserves the right to use for its own purposes any material submitted to the site, including text and images, either on the site or in any other form, including for publicity purposes. TC Autos reserves the right to monitor submissions to the site and to edit or reject any submissions.
We try to ensure that information on our site is accurate, complete and up-to-date. In using this site, however, you agree to be bound by the Terms & Conditions, which take effect on the date when you first use the site.
Without prejudice to your statutory rights, the site and all information, text, names, images, pictures, logos, links and icons and other materials (without limitation) are provided 'AS IS' and on an 'IS AVAILABLE' basis without representation warranty or endorsement, express or implied. In particular, we do not warrant or represent the accuracy or completeness of information provided on this site nor do we guarantee that use of this site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the site and its servers are free of computer viruses or bugs.
In no event will TC Autos be liable to any person for any damage or loss that may arise from the use of any information contained in our site or products displayed on our site, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site.
Notwithstanding anything else in these Terms & Conditions, we will not be liable for claims relating to the functionality or availability of this site.
All names, images, logos identifyingTC Autos and TCAutostore are proprietary marks of TC Autos Ltd and TCAutostore Ltd. All third party brand, product, service and company names contained on this site are the trademarks, service marks and trade names of their respective holders. TC Autos does not give permission for their use by any person other than the holders. Any such use may constitute an infringement of the holders' rights.
TC Autos does not represent, warrant, endorse or hold responsibility over any external sites that may be linked to and from this site. Any external site that you visit by clicking through a link on this site is outside the control of TC Autos and you visit entirely at your own risk.
The software downloads from this site have been thoroughly scanned and tested at all stages of production, but - as with all new software - we still recommend that you run a virus checker before use. We also recommend that you have an up-to-date backup of your hard disk before using the software. TC Autos cannot accept responsibility for any disruption, damage and/or loss of data on your data or computer system that may occur while using the software. Consult your network administrator before installing any software on a networked computer.
These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Northern Ireland. Disputes arising here shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Northern Ireland.
We pride ourselves on keeping up to the minute in terms of the advances in technology and legal developments. As these areas are changing at an ever increasing rate, we request that you refer to our web site on a regular basis in order to ensure that you are aware of our most recent Policies and Terms and Conditions. TC Autos Ltd and TCAutostore Ltd reserve the right to change any of its terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online.
If you do not accept these Terms in full, you must stop using this website immediately.